List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] Mandrake and Oracle
From:       Salvatore Enrico Indiogine <eindiog () pnm ! com>
Date:       2001-08-16 15:04:05

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]
Greetings:

I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 on MDK 8.0.  No major problems.  If you have
done Oracle on UNIX and know Linux you can figure out most of the problems.

I have also installed Oracle Forms and Reports 6.0.5.  Again same comments as
above.  The port of Oracle 8.1.7 to Linux is more polished than the port of
Oracle F&R.

Why don't you try and then post any problems you encounter.  Alex Flinsch and
I should be able to help you.

Ciao,

Eric Indiogine

On Wednesday 15 August 2001 18:07, Miark wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A friend of mine asked me to recommend a Linux distribution that would best
> work with an Oracle database. I normally recommend Mandrake for anything
> and everything, but I don't know squat about databases, and I figured he
> deserves a more thoughtful answer.
>
> His question, specifically, was whether RedHat-based or SuSE would be
> better. SuSE advertises Oracle support on their web site, but I can't find
> any mention of Oracle at Mandrake's site.
>
> What say y'all?
>
> Miark

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

["message.footer" (text/plain)]