List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] pdf2htm
From:       Lee Wiggers <dlwiggers () aeis ! tv>
Date:       2007-02-18 23:14:20

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:47:32 +1300
John Rye <jrt746@clear.net.nz> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 03:04:53 -0500
> Lee Wiggers <dlwiggers@aeis.tv> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:35:00 +1300
> > John Rye <jrt746@clear.net.nz> wrote:
> >
> > > What about pulling the scanned image into Gimp and converting to
> > > monochrome (black&white) first?
> > >
> > > John
> >
> > Can't find a monochrome option in gimp, but it sounds
> > like a great idea, John.
>
> Colours->Colorize: Hue and Saturation to 0 (zero), and mess with
> lightness for best contrast
>
> John

Well, that was fun, but not very useful to me.  Thanks,
John, for the Gimp tip to give me the contrast.  And
kudos to Ed for the ocr tip.

Together that made a fairly good script translation from
the pdf, and useful within that restriction, I suppose.
Without the formatting, I might as well re-type the list.

All worthwhile for the learning experience, and I should
have realized before I began that I was asking too much
of the 'puter.

Thanks

ttfn

Lee