List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] root warning
From:       ET <etharp () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2007-02-17 15:39:01

Terence Wong wrote:
> I am getting messages such as these:
>
> Security Warning: There are modifications for port listening on your
> machine :
>                 -  Opened ports : raw    17572      0 *:icmp
>          *:*                         7           5467/lisa
>                 - Closed ports  : raw    36828      0 *:icmp
>          *:*                         7           5467/lisa
>
> Should I worry about it?

always. (unless you are me, or my hero; Alfred E. Newman)

ICMP is "ping", LISA is smb (windows networking)

got firewall?
got M$ boxes on your local network?
ran chkrootkit lately?
is the windows box "secure" (whatever that means for a windows box)
--
reg. Linux User 167806
webhome http://ed-tharp.is-a-geek.org