List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] Forgotten Command
From:       Neill Jones <neilljones () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-11-06 11:26:58

Miark wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 20:04:12 -0500, ET wrote:
>

>> not sure about before, but ctrl+z seems to put some in the
>> background, in bash
>>

> But that also suspends the job. I think he wants it running.

If you 'ctrl+z' a command and then type 'bg' it puts it running in the
background
- useful if you forgot to put the & at the end. (No help for nohup though).
You can bring it back to the foreground by typing 'fg' or 'jobs' if there is
more than one job in the background. Have a read of the man page for the
shell (the section about job control) for more about this.

Regards

Neill
Want to buy your Pack or Services from Mandriva?
Go to http://store.mandriva.com
Join the Club : http://www.mandrivaclub.com