List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    [newbie] ati mobility and dri
From:       "Bill W." <bill_w () telus ! net>
Date:       2006-02-25 18:10:28

Hi,
I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 with a Radeon Mobility 9700 and I'm running
Mandriva 2006. I have been playing with 3ddesktop but I keep getting this
error....
3ddeskd: glXIsDirect failed, no Direct Rendering possible!
3ddeskd: Please configure hardware acceleration.  Exiting.
Server not found after waiting 5 seconds.
Could not find server.
Try starting manually (3ddeskd)

[bill@localhost ~]$

I checked the archives where I found an identical issue but no responses.
Has anyone come across and/or resolved this issue?

Thanks,
Bill W.