List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] 5.1 Surround Sound
From:       Robin Turner <boldsirrobin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-27 21:13:14

On 27/06/05, Elwyn York <elwyn@scootmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> My hifi player has finally died :( Had it since 1990 and it's done well :)
>
> I've bought a replacement speaker system as all I'm doing is listening to
> music from my computer (MP3s).
>
> It all goes through my mandrake (currently 10.0).
>
> I'm looking to get a 5.1 sound card as at the moment I've only got the
> subwoofer and the centre speakers working... It would be nice to have a L/R
> as well :)
>
> Do they work? Are there any to avoid?
>
> Despite only having Sub/Cen the music sounds a lot better :)

Creative soundcards work fine with Linux these days. However, Linux
sound architecture still isn't much to get excited about - you don't
get as much control over your sound as on that other operating system.

Sir Robin

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Want to buy your Pack or Services from Mandriva?
Go to http://store.mandriva.com
Join the Club : http://www.mandrivaclub.com