List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] Translate errors with cdrecord?
From:       David Reynolds <naeblis () kc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2005-01-17 3:20:02

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 12:30 pm, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 January 2005 08:30 am, David Reynolds wrote:
> > Okay, I need to back up some of my data and, more importantly,
> > burn my 10.1 ISOs before I reinstall (to fix the libgcc error
> > my machine developed on the last install). However *because*
> > libgcc failed, there are a whole host of programs I can't
> > install, so I'm back to the CLI for cdburning.
> >
> > When I try to check my cdrom burner I get this:
> > # cdrecord -scanbus (really, cdrecord --anything)
>
>    Should be 'cdrecord dev=ATA -scanbus' on a 10.1 system. If that
> returns x,x,x as your burner, then burn the iso's with

Actually it's a 10.0 system currently (which is why I'm trying to burn 10.1
ISOs). Still no love from cdrecord after forcing the gcc packages as you
suggested; is there a way to 'test' gcc from the command line to see if it's
working better? Is cdrecord the only available burn 'backend' program? Maybe
there's one that won't fail out...Nautilus-cd-burner wants to install a
crapload of other libraries I don't have on the HD yet, so that seems
overkill when I'm not even certain that it's not using the same backend...

I apologize if these are stupid questions, I'm just a little confused by this
whole process (as if that wasn't bloody obvious).

David

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com