List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] partitioning limbo
From:       David Reynolds <naeblis () kc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2005-01-04 22:46:46

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 08:10 am, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> Sounds to me like you have simply overwritten the MBR bootloader with LILO
> from Mandrake which did not detect the Win installation and create a LILO
> boot option for it.  You should be able to go into /etc/lilo.conf and
> create an option for Windows like this:
>
> other=/dev/hda2
>         label="windows"
>         table=/dev/hda
>
> Run lilo and then you should get the option to boot into Windows on next
> boot.

Actually that seems to be exactly what I've done, but it still has the /boot
partition (former "C:") as the "active" primary partition, according to my
partition table. Linux doesn't care, but Windows runs into the "blinking
cursor on a black screen" problem when I try to choose it from Lilo.

Is there (or rather, what is) a way to set the active 'bit' on your primary
partition? That might save me the entire reinstall, which would be nice...

David

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com