List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    [newbie] libgcc?
From:       David Reynolds <naeblis () kc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2005-01-03 7:13:16

For whatever reason, libgcc1-3.3.2-6mdk.i586 failed to installed from CD#1
this last time around. Now it seems to not believe I can install it (or
anything, in fact) from my tmp/ directory, and I'm trying to sort out if it's
actually borked my system, or merely gotten confused.

rpmdrake's Remove Media screen says that
Name: libgcc1-3.3.2-9mdk and libgcc1-3.3.2-6mdk are both installed, and won't
let me uninstall either without removing half of my system for dependencies.

When I try to install (for instance) Quanta, however, it tells me it requires
libgcc_s.so.1 and libgcc_s.so.1 (GCC_3.0). What's going on here?

Do I need to reinstall because they weren't available during the original
install, and therefore aren't in the kernel? Newbie question I know, but this
is really throwing a monkeywrench in my computer...

Thanks,
David

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com