List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    [newbie] Amarok fans
From:       Greg Meyer <mdklists () gkmweb ! com>
Date:       2004-11-29 17:24:45

For any of you Amarok fans out there, you may have seen there is a beta for
1.2 out.  I have been playing with it and it has some cool new features,
including an option to use mysql as the database backend.  There is more news
and the announcement here http://amarok.kde.org.

If anybody would be interested in trying it out, but is scared off from trying
to build it from source, I have packaged for Mandrake 10.0 and 10.1 with and
without mysql support.

Packages for 10.0 and 10.1 using the sqlite database engine, which was the way
1.1 shipped are here.

For 10.0 without MySQL
http://cybercfo.gkmweb.com/RPMS/amarok-1.2-beta1.2gkm.i586.rpm

For 10.1 without MySQL
http://cybercfo.gkmweb.com/RPMS/amarok-1.2-beta1_101.3gkm.i586.rpm

If you want to try out the version with MySQL support, you need these

For 10.0 with MySQL
http://cybercfo.gkmweb.com/RPMS/amarok-1.2-beta1_sql.2gkm.i586.rpm

For 10.1 with MySQL
http://cybercfo.gkmweb.com/RPMS/amarok-1.2-beta1_sql_101.3gkm.i586.rpm

Please note, I can't provide support for amarok.  I packaged these for myself
for testing and am making available for those that would like to try them.
Any info on bugs and how to deal with issues are best resolved by using the
amaork website, kde bug database and the amarok mailing lists.  Remember it
is a beta.
--
/g

["message.footer" (text/plain)]