List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] How to use stow with .tar.gz
From:       Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri () arinet ! org>
Date:       2004-11-28 20:35:50

On Monday 29 November 2004 03:01 am, Vegard Lundby Rekaa wrote:
> I have installed stow to help me install packages, in this case
> pingpong-ABC bittorrent client. I have tried google and the man pages, but
> I can't find any description I understand. Here's the first lines of the
> man pages:
>
> NAME
>        stow - software package installation manager
>
> SYNOPSIS
>        stow [options] package...
>
> What kind of file is a package wich the man pages referes to?

Man stow
Usually package manager software works by remembering what the 'makefiles'
does in normal tar.gz compiling. And build the rpm from the tar.gz
I'm not sure about stow.

--
Fajar Priyanto | Reg'd Linux User #327841 | http://linux2.arinet.org
03:32:53 up 7:52, Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Official) for i586

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com