List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] Calling Firefox from Thunderbird
From:       Russell Butler <rjbutler () swiftdsl ! com ! au>
Date:       2004-09-30 12:56:43

Brandon Rife wrote:
> Russell Butler wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>> Hopefully a simple question:
>>
>> I have just installed Firefox and Thunderbird on my MK10 setup -KDE
>> desktop and am most impressed.
>>
>> If there is a web link in an email, clicking on it opens konqueror.
>> Is there any way to use Firefox as the default agent?
>> I have set Firefox with the default  file association for html, but
>> konqueror still opens.
>>
>> Thanks for help
>>
>> Russell
>>
> The following works for me in KDE. In your $HOME/.thunderbird/<random
> chars>.default directory look for a file called user.js (if you see a
> file called prefs.js you're in the right directory).  If you don't find
> user.js create it.  Add the following line to user.js
>
> user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");
>
> Note that your path to firefox may be different than mine.
> I also had to do something similar to get Thunderbird to handle the
> mailto protocol inside of Firefox.  In the
> $HOME/.mozilla/thunderbird/<random chars>.default directory I created a
> user.js file and added the following line:
>
> user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto",
> "/opt/thunderbird/thunderbird");
>
> Good luck!
> Brandon
Thanks Brandon.
That works well. I thought there would be a simple way of linking.
I have just finished setting up an extension called "Linky" which gives
a right-click option to call browser, download manager, etc., but the
direct link is much better.

Regards

Russell

["message.footer" (text/plain)]