List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    [newbie] MDK 10.1 and ipw2100 problems
Date:       2004-09-30 3:51:39

Hi

I have thinkpad R40 running MDK 10.1. The centrino card on my laptop
gets detected as a ipw2100 module, but i cannot seem to configure it.
I tried using drakroam, but it only shows eth0 and no wireless cards.
ifconfig too shows only eth0 and lo. I tried putting in alias eth1
ipw2100 into modprobe.conf, even that doesnt work. When I try to setup
the wireless connection using drakconnect, it asks me to manually load
the driver. When I do try to load it, it flashes a few pop-ups (too
fast to read what is written) and goes back to the manually load
driver screen.

Can anyone help me out on what is wrong?

thanks
~ashwin

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com