List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    [newbie] Dell Inspiron screen problems (final)
From:       "Ronald J. Hall" <dark_lord () charter ! net>
Date:       2004-02-29 23:46:27

Okay, just wanted to say the 845patch, installing it in /sbin and loading it
up in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, with the line:

/sbin/845patch 32000

worked. I've got a 1024x768 screen right after I boot up now.

Its all about the shared memory. I'm assuming better laptops with ATI or
Nvidia cards, with built in memory, don't have to do this.

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord

["message.footer" (text/plain)]