List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] HP Scanner 4400C
From:       "Scott Mazur" <scott () littlefish ! ca>
Date:       2004-02-29 16:35:03

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:18:17 -0800, Rob Blomquist wrote
> On Sunday 29 February 2004 12:59 am, Adrian Earnshaw monotonically
> droned on:
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > I have just started to use Linux and have chosen Mandrake as my first real
> > foray into the Linux world. I was wondering if anyone has come across any
> > drivers for the HP Scanner 4400C as it is the only hardware I can't get to
> > work. It says that it is supported under the hardware page but no program
> > seems to be able to connect to it. At the moment I am using 9.1 but
> > starting the download of 9.2 eventually........!
>
> Possibly the biggest help for tough hardware problems is to google
> your question, in this case I would first try "scanner 4400C linux",
> which scores 410 hits. Including many from the sane-devel list,
>  which is a good thing, as sane is the program that allows scanners
> to run under linux.
>
> I also see that it is a USB scanner. Do you have the USB subsection
> running properly? Maybe the scanner is being detected, but not set
> up properly.

Do you have an entry called 'scanner' in your /etc/modules file?  Mandrake did
not add this (for me anyway) and my HP scanner would not work without it.

Scott

--
Nothing goes to waste when Little Fish are near!
(http://www.littlefish.ca)

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com