List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    [newbie] XF86Config-4
From:       Paul Kaplan <pkaplan1 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-11-30 20:47:10

I run 9.2 on a laptop and have reason to switch between different XF86Config-4
files.  Historically, I have booted into runlevel 5 and have therefore had to
shuffle the XF86Config-4 files and then restart the X server.  It seems to me
that I should be able to boot into runlevel 3 and then use startx or some
similar command with a switch that calls the desired XF86Config-4 file.  How
would I do this?  Under this scenario how would I call different window
managers?
TIA
Paul

["message.footer" (text/plain)]