List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] Hostname in 9.2 (SOLVED)
From:       Poogle <poogle () ntlworld ! com>
Date:       2003-10-31 19:23:18

On Friday 31 Oct 2003 H:36 pm, HaywireMac wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:26:47 +0000
>
> Poogle <poogle@ntlworld.com> uttered:
> > NIC -> Cable company's set top box, it works O.K in 9.1 so I must have
> > setup something differently in 9.2, damned if I can see it though.
>
> There seems to be a pattern I'm seeing here with 9.2...
>
> One person had some probs with their prompt similar to yours, but that
> was solved by editing the ~/.bashrc:
>
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Bash-Prompt-HOWTO/
>
> Then there's the problem with output from df being abnormally verbose,
> not just outputting partition/usage, but hostname/partition/useage.
>
> I wonder if something was changed in 9.2 to do with either the global
> /etc/bashrc config or network settings...
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Using DrakConnect from MCC, I noticed an option in expert mode that said
"enable network hotplugging" having no idea what it did, I checked it and
with all dhcp name options set to localhost in drakconnect it works.
Now lets see if it survives a few reboots.....

--
http://www.poogle.co.uk

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com