List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] 9.2 & lilo? problems.
From:       Paul Kaplan <pkaplan1 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-10-31 10:48:33

You might try going through the installation routine in expert mode (hit F1 at
then type expert to start the installation program).  Use existing
partitions, but don't reformat them.  Select individual package selection
when given the chance and then go through the list an only install the
appropriate kernel packages.  This should be similar similar to rpm -Uvh,
which will restore a damaged rpm file.  Then continue the installation
routine accepting all the default entries (no need to enter new users or
passwords as you haven't changed exisiting settings.
Worth a try.

On Friday 31 October 2003 05:11 am, Tony S. Sykes wrote:
> All,
>
> I am having a bit of a problem with 9.2. My system is a Asus a7n8x
> Deluxe 2800+ amd 1gb Corsair ram 2 x 120gb sata hard drives dvd-+rw. I
> had stability problems with 9.1 and could not find the problem (didn't
> try to hard as 9.2 was due) have installed 9.2 several times and seemed
> to have got rid of the stability problem. The new problem I have is
> after using it for a day or 2, I start my PC and lilo loads but when I
> try to start any of the kernels it does nothing. Again last night I did
> a reinstall and rebooted several times last night after updating to see
> if I could find what caused the problem. The last reboot done last night
> I did not update anything. I left it running for 2 hours and then
> shutdown. This morning it will not load any kernel through lilo, it just
> does nothing. The strangest thing is that is does boot w2k.
> Any ideas where to start?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony.
>

> -+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
>
> This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
> received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
> disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
> or the postmaster <mailto:Steven.Roberts@BCPSoftware.com>  immediately.
>
> The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not
> necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
> specifically stated.
>
> Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
> attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
> to verify the integrity of such emails.
>

> Business Computer Projects Ltd
> BCP House
> 151 Charles Street