List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    [newbie] [Newbie] SNF ... again... NIC configuration
From:       FemmeFatale <heatheri () telusplanet ! net>
Date:       2002-08-30 22:51:00

anyone got any place i can look for how to enable a NIC on an SNF box
NOT on a network atm?

My dilemma is that the NIC thats supposed to hook up to the DSL Modem
isn't working.  Rather, it works I believe, but SNF isn't configuring
it.

so my network currently is thus:

CompA -------->  Switch
CompB -----------^  ^
DSL Modem ----------|

I assume (perhaps wrongly) the firewall will need to have ONE NIC
accessing that modem directly no?

Thus:

CompA -------->  Switch
CompB -----------^  ^
 		    |SNF Firewall NIC-A
These are connected>|
		    |SNF Firewall NIC-B ----> DSL Modem

Damn I hope the formatting stays when this is sent.

heh hope that helps clarify what i mean.

Anyway, NICB isn't functioning.  No lights on the back nothing.  Yet I
believe its detected.

As an aside, is there an easy way to tell which is NIC-A and which is
-B?

Lots of Questions, sorry.  Thx
--
Femme

Good Decisions You boss Made:

"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux.  I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com