List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    [newbie] HardDrake oddities
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-06-18 18:58:27

Whilst looking for my CD-DVD drive under HardDrake I noticed several things.

There is no entry under Soundcard.  This is my Audigy, and I guess
explains the sound problems I asked about before.  (Side issue:
xcdroast's test sound used surround speakers! I couldn't get them  when
playing a CD.)

The Modem is also without any information.  It is an external one,
Aztech, and it works fine, so it probably doesn't matter.

Under ?Other Devices there is the list:
   VIA Technologies Inc. Unknown
   VIA Technologies Inc. Unknown
   VIA Technologies Inc. VT82C686 (Apollo Super ACPI)
   Creative Labs. Unknown
   Creative Labs. Unknown
   Creative Labs. Unknown
   Promise Technology Inc. Unknown
		(Presumably this is the ATA100 controller?)
   Texas Instruments TUSB2040 Hub
   Unknown

Is this a fairly common scenario?

Anne