List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    [newbie] xcdroast question
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-06-18 18:51:20

I have used xcdroast for the first time today, and found it easy to burn
a data cd.  I then tried to duplicate an audio cd, and hit problems.

I want to use my CD-DVD drive to read the CD, but only the CD-RW drive
is listed in the setup pages.

Putting the CD into the CD-RW drive gets the 'no cd present' type
message, although I think it is actually playing the disc (the CD-DVD is
the one connected to my soundcard, so I'm guessing by the flashing light).

I checked HardDrake to try to see what is listed.  The CD-RW is listed
as CR-48X9TE under /dev/hdc and /dev/scd0.  The Hitachi DVD-ROM GD-5000
is listed as /dev/hda.  Does this need a scsi listing too?  If so, what
do I need to do to get it?

Any other ideas as to what's wrong?

TIA

Anne