List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] Lilo Lost!!
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-06-03 8:19:32

Thanks to all who replied.

By the time I'd waded through the 275 messages waiting for me I had
found someone else's cry for help and its reply.  I booted from the
Linux Format DVD, got the F1, Rescue bit and sure enough there was an
option to re-install Lilo.  Simple!!

Touches like this take away so much of the aggro of the learning curve.

Anne

civileme wrote:

> Anne Wilson wrote:
>
>> OK - MS got their own back for my last post.  I had one BSOD too many,
>> W2K scrambled, and did nasty things to my bootup.  How can I get Lilo
>> back without having to reinstall Mandrake?
>>
>> Anne

>> Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft? Go to
>> http://www.mandrakestore.com
>>
> The easy way is to boot from CD1 and hit F1 at the splash screen and type
>
> rescue
>
> then you will have a menu which offers a re-run lilo choice.
>
> Civileme

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com