List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] How to create a cd from ISO file
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-05-29 18:12:16

Jim Turner wrote:

> With Nero (at least the version I have, which I don't know offhand and I'm
> not booting into windows to find out), you first have to rename the file
> image.iso to image.nrg.  I have no idea why.  But, once you've done that,
> click File->Burn Image (this might be Create Image, or even just Image,
> but it's something like that).  Then it opens a find file dialog and you
> just select your image.nrg.  It then gives you some options that don't
> mean anything to me, and I've always found that if I just leave them set
> as they are, it works fine.
>
> --jim

I'm a little surprised at this - certainly you don't have to in Nero 5.
  What seems to cause most problems, though, is that it seems 'common
sense' to choose the option to create a bootable drive.  It's the wrong
choice.  The 'Burn an image' choice is the right one, as you said.  The
files are re-created including those needed to  boot.

Anne

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com