List:       mandrake-newbie
Subject:    Re: [newbie] hda5 critically full
From:       Brendan <coolian () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2002-02-01 7:40:14

> > Thanks for the info received on what to do.  I immediatly found that i
> had been
> > keeping copies of the CDs I'd been burning, and fixed that, which took
> care of
> > the immediate problem.

Remember, you can always cd to / and issue the command 'du -H' for an
exhaustive listing of every little file that is taking up space. Or, you
could issue the command with the switch --max-depth=1 and that will give
you the space issues one level deep. Very useful...You could even run it in
cron if you wanted to get tricky...awk the columns you create and check if
anything gets over 90%...Just an idea...

Brendan
Linux-Mandrake 8.1/WinXP
Running on:
http://www.endosquid.com/direct/bmcompspecs.htm