List:       mandrake-expert-it
Subject:    Re: [expert-it] NFS
From:       BanaSouKi <banasouki () tiscalinet ! it>
Date:       2001-10-03 7:55:14

ilario wrote:

>Ciao a tutti ho un problema con nfs
>
>Nel dettaglio c'e' una macchina IBM AiX che esporta una directory...
>
>Io dovrei montarla su un PC Linux pero' quando tento di montarla il server mi
>risponde che non sono autorizzaso...
>
>Un mio collega pare che riesce ad entrare con nfs di OS/2 ma lui mi ha detto
>che deve necessariamente specificare utenza e password...
>
>Io leggendo il man sia di Mount che di NFS non ho trovato nulla di simile...
>
>Sapete percaso darmi una mano?
>
>Ciao

Hola,
innanzitutto devi essere autorizzato a connetterti al server NFS, che
deve esportare esplicitamente le directory verso la macchina client. Nel
NFS-HOWTO (tipicamente '/usr/doc/HOWTO/NFS-HOWTO.html') trovi tutte le
informazioni necessarie, ecco un estratto x il tuo caso:

    9. Exporting filesystems

The way to export filesytems with NFS is not completely consistent
across platforms of course. In this case Linux and Solaris 2 are the
deviants. This section lists, superficially, the way to do it on most
systems. If the kind of system you have is not covered you must check
your OS man-pages. Keywords are: nfsd, system administration tool, rc
scripts, boot scripts, boot sequence, /etc/exports, exportfs. I'll use
one example throughout this section: How to export /mn/eris/local to
apollon read/write.

    9.1 IRIX, HP-UX, Digital-UNIX, Ultrix, SunOS 4 (Solaris 1), AIX

These OSes use the traditional Sun export format. In |/etc/exports| write:

/mn/eris/local -rw=apollon

The complete documentation is in the |exports| man page. After editing
the file run |exportfs -av| to export the filesystems.

How strict the exportfs command is about the syntax varies. On some OSes
you will find that previously entered lines reads:

/mn/eris/local apollon

or even something degenerate like:

/mn/eris/local rw=apollon

I recommend being formal. You risk that the next version of |exportfs|
if much stricter and then suddenly everything will stop working.

    9.2 Solaris 2

Sun completely re-invented the wheel when they did Solaris 2. So this is
completely different from all other OSes. What you do is edit the file
|/etc/dfs/dfstab|. In it you place share commands as documented in the
|share|(1M) man page. Like this:

share -o rw=apollon -d "Eris Local" /mn/eris/local

After editing run the program |shareall| to export the filesystems.

Una volta esportata correttamente la directory, devi montarla localmente
aggiungendo una riga in '/etc/fstab' del tipo:

hermes:/home/hermes/boh /home/boh/share nfs bg,exec,dev,suid,rw  1 1

e poi 'mount /home/boh/share'... comunque 'man nfs'!
N.B. Il mount in read/write fallisce se fra le 2 macchine c'è differenza
di UID/GID, quindi se hai bisogno di scrivere, puoi provare il trucco di
cambiare i tuoi U/GID locali. Alternativamente, puoi installare il
demone 'ugidd' che fa la conversione degli U/GID.

Saluti,

^b

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com