List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    [expert] upgraded to XFree86-4.1.0 and now my fonts look ugly
From:       "Praedor S.Tempus" <praedor () uswest ! net>
Date:       2001-06-30 5:31:53

I just upgraded to XFree86-4.1.0.  No problems and now, something rotten on
my system was fixed and I am able to get OpenGL games to play again.  The
only problem I am having is with fonts.

First, if I open up kcontrol -> looknfeel -> fonts, I have selected for most
things M$ arial.  I also have "Use anti-aliasing..." selected in the style
submenu.  Nonetheless, most, if not all of my fonts are not anti-aliased.  I
am also noticing that for most fonts, there are two entries in any pulldown
menu (for instance, in the setting menu for appearance in kmail or
konqueror).

First, what file/config file do I play with to reduce the pointsize of fonts
that are subject to anti-aliasing?  I want smaller fonts than default to be
anti-aliased too.  Second, what do I need to do to eliminate duplicate font
entries in my various font lists for apps?

Thanks in any aid that can be given.

praedor