List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    Re: [expert] Playing DVDs - again
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-09-30 19:03:46

On Thursday 29 Sep 2005 23:46, Bill Mullen wrote:
> You should
> probably also go into gmplayer's settings and change your default
> video output method to Xvideo (often abbreviated as "xv", and not the
> same as "X11").

It already is "xv", Bill.

Just to avoid doubt - I can play older DVDs that are unencrypted.  It is
definitely an encryption decoding problem.

Both workstation and laptop are running 2005LE, but the workstation can
play the disk, the laptop can't. Is there any way to list the packages
that are in use while the disk is playing?  lsof would, I guess, give
so much output that it wouldn't help, would it?

Anne
Mandriva hints & tips: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org