List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    Re: [expert] webcams in 2005LE & 2006
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-09-28 12:00:02

On Wednesday 28 Sep 2005 12:51, richard wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Anne,
> being the impatient person I am, I went out and bought a Philips
> toUcam Pro 2.
>
> Need to set up gnpmemeeting, but getting images OK.

Good images?  Let us know what works and what doesn't, as you go on.
When you've finished investigating the TWiki page should be updated.
Most of my experiences with the webcam were on 9.1 - much too old to be
helpful.

> Selecting the webcam as a vidoe source in KDETV crashes the X server,
> Xorg 6.8.2, 6.9.1 crashes on its own without any help.

I never got kdetv to work at all, when I was using the webcam earlier.

Anne
Mandriva hints & tips: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org