List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    [expert] Running Quake III Arena in multiplayer mode
From:       Juan Luis Baptiste <jbaptiste () cable ! net ! co>
Date:       2005-09-28 0:38:58

Hi,

I have been trying to play multiplayer mode in Quake 3 Arena in my
mandriva 10.1 box, with no success.  In the server browser list doesn't
appear anything, the other boxes are windows boxes. Even if I run a
dedicated server on the same box where I'm running the game I can't
connect to it. I'm using 1.32b-3 version. I found this in the FAQ of id
software for Quake 3:

http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/linux/q3a/#browser

"Servers don't show up in the ingame browser

The reason for this has not been clearly identified yet, seems to be
related to upgrade from older versions. Deleting
~/.q3a/baseq3/q3config.cfg fixes the problem (you will have to
reconfigure your bindings)"

I tried that but no luck. Has anyone been able to play Quake 3 in Mandriva?

Thanks,

Juan Luis Baptiste.