List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    Re: [expert] Gpg signing - again!
From:       Martin Fahrendorf <fahrendorf () helix-gmbh ! net>
Date:       2005-03-17 14:52:35

Zitat von Praedor Atrebates <praedor@yahoo.com>:

> > > OK - so you mean, create the directory and create a file called
> > > gpgagent.sh which contains the eval statement?  If so, I've done it now.
> >
> > good if you want to be sure it's the only your own gpg-agent running add
> > killall gpg-agent before the eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)" command.
> [...]
>
> I had never heard of this before.  I would like to get confirmation
> here...the
> startkde script has kde do a check for a ~/.kde/env directory and, like the
> Autostart directory, will run whatever script happens to reside in that
> directory?  As for the gpgagent.sh script to place in the env directory, its

It is differnt from autostart. You should only set scripts and programms in
there, which need to set global (for your running session) variables and stuff.
The gpg-agent started from autostart folder will never set the GPG env varaible
visible to other shells and processes.

> only content is:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"
>
> Is this correct?  I am certainly willing to do this if it works and to avoid

yes, this is correct.

> having to edit the startkde script every time kdecore is upgraded but I just
>
> want to make sure I am clearly understanding this.
>
> praedor
>
> --
> The 1984 Convention Against Torture (USA is a signatory):
> "No exceptional circumstances whatsoever, whether a state of war or a threat
>
> of war, internal political instability or any other public emergency, may be
>
> invoked as a justification of torture."

Martin