List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    [expert] Weird problem with JBoss
From:       Juan Luis Baptiste <juancho () phreaker ! net>
Date:       2004-05-27 12:49:01

Hi,

I'm having the strangest problem with a J2EE application that is running under
JBoss on Linux. The application generates some graphics that are copied to a
temp dir in JBoss directory. The application works fine IF I start it from a
terminal _locally_  (in front of the server computer), BUT, if I start it
from a ssh session, the images aren't copied to the temp dir. Also I have
found that if I launch a remote xterm (over ssh) from the server to my box
and start the application from that remote xterm, the application works
correctly.

What could be different from starting the application locally than remotely
from an ssh session? I have looked at the enviroment variables and the
parameters passed to the java VM to see if there's something different in
both cases, but everything seems to be the same.

Any ideas what could be going on here????

Cheers,
--
Juan Luis Baptiste
http://www.merlinux.org