List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    [expert] Seeing shares of other users in Samba
From:       Juan Luis Baptiste <juancho () phreaker ! net>
Date:       2004-05-24 22:37:10

Hi,

I have configured a samba server to share user's home directories, I have
created the users as system users and then added each of them to
/etc/samba/smbpasswd with smbpasswd -a . If on user logs into his win2k/XP
box using one of these users, he can see his shared home in the samba server,
but he can't see the shared homes of the other users, so the can't share
anything at all :-P

What I have to do so all the users can see each others shared homes? here is
my smb.conf file:

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = PSIGMA
        netbios name = FIREWALL
        server string = Samba Server %v
        security = USER
        map to guest = Bad User
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        printcap name = cups
        dns proxy = No
        printer admin = @adm
        hosts allow = 192.168.0.
        printing = cups

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = Yes

[compartido]
        path = /tmp
        guest ok = Yes

Also, I haven't solved the other problem I asked the other day, that the
windows boxes can only see the samba server when referencing it directly with
it's IP address (ie: \\192.169.0.1\), Can anyone help me with this too?

PS: Please CC me in the replay as for sure I will not see the replies to the
list for some reason.

Cheers,
--
Juan Luis Baptiste