List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    [expert] Problems with mod_dav, Apache 2
From:       Todd Slater <dontodd () columbus ! rr ! com>
Date:       2004-03-31 5:14:32

Hi,

I've been on the newbie list for a couple of years and thought I'd give
expert a whirl :)

I'm trying to set up a shared calendar system using mod_dav and
Mozilla's calendar project on MDK 9.2 with Apache 2. I installed
apache2-mod_dav and davfs. In /etc/httpd/conf/httpd2.conf I specified
DAV On for a folder in /var/www/html but I could not publish a calendar
to that folder (chmod'ed a+w) from Windows.

Having read a few tutorials, I thought I'd give it a shot with Apache
1.3. After switching to 1.3 and some minor adjustments to httpd.conf,
I was able to publish a calendar to the folder from Windows.

I switched back to Apache 2, examined /var/log/http/error_log but I
couldn't find anything that looked like it was related to mod_dav.

Googling so far has not turned up much on Apache 2 and mod_dav; a usenet
posts in German (translated with Babelfish) pointed to a similar problem
of it working with Apache 1.3 but not 2.

So, if you've got a hint/tip/howto on getting mod_dav in Apache 2
working, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Todd