List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    [expert] WW) RADEON(0): Failed to set up write-combining range
From:       Juan Luis Baptiste <juancho () phreaker ! net>
Date:       2004-03-15 22:08:28

Hi,

I downloaded mdk 10 community and after installing it, when X tries to come
up, it crashes with the following error:

WW) RADEON(0): Failed to set up write-combining range (0xe8000000,0x1000000)
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <ESC> redefined
>                   Using last definition for conflicting fields
> Warning:          Symbol map for key <TLDE> redefined
[...] (a lot more of these ones)

Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server

waiting for X server to shut down

I'm using a IBM T30 laptop with a ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 16 RAM card.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
--
Juan Luis Baptiste