List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    Re: [expert] is kdevelop 3 really worth it?
From:       Juan Luis Baptiste <juancho () phreaker ! net>
Date:       2004-02-13 11:50:22

Hi,

I have been using KDevelop 3 since their first alpha and I think it's great,
IMHO it's the best IDE available for linux, and if you plan to develop apps
for KDE, QtDesigner it's great too. I must admit it it's not as good as some
commercial IDE's like JBuilder, but for me it does the job well. I think that
one of the things the KDevelop team needs to improve is the integrated
debugger, because it's not possible to watch some complex data types.

> Anton
> ps I downloaded the cooker rpms from the site linked to kde.org, but it
> just seemed to start of a neverending dependency trail...

You should use konstruct for this, it really simplifies the compilation
process, it automatically downloads all the needed packages for the
compillation.

Cheers,
--
Juan Luis Baptiste