List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    [expert] Dell laptop hangs with 9.2 when lid closed.
From:       Mofeed Shahin <shahin () labf ! org>
Date:       2003-11-08 5:55:45

G'day all,

I've just put 9.2 onto my Dell inspiron 8200, which is a Intel 2.2 Mobile
chip, and ati radeon video.

As soon as the lid is closed the the machine has a complete lock up. ie no
keyboard, no mouse, and no screen updates....

I just tried upgrading the kernel to kernel-2.4.22.21mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm,
and it still happens.

I tried closing and opening the lid quickly, and it still locks up.

The laptop worked fine under 9.1, if that helps...

Mof.

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com