List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    [expert] vmware host-only networking and smb.conf
From:       antonovich <anton_melser () paradise ! net ! nz>
Date:       2003-10-31 6:02:11

Hi,
I think my problems with getting my home network set up under 9.1 look
like they are related to setting up samba after enabling host-only
networking with vmware. This time with 9.2 I set up the networking and
it was working great (well almost) until I started fudging round with it
trying to get vmware host-only networking going. Has anyone got this
working? The idea is to get samba access to my home network and also
have host-only networking going with my windoze guest in vmware. They
say this is possible but one needs to go into smb.conf and play around.
I went in and tried a few things but my conf file was considerably
different to their example one and I don't really know what is
absolutely necessary and what is not.
If anyone has got this working, or has an alternate solution could they
post their smb.conf file, or instructions to do otherwise?
Cheers in advance and treats for you on this most Irish of holidays
Anton

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com