List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    Re: [expert] Cant Delete File
From:       John Wilson <john_wilson () telus ! net>
Date:       2003-09-30 23:34:52

On September 30, 2003 12:07 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 4:19 am, John Wilson wrote:

> > I'm totally on reiserFS and have never experienced this problem
> > except with Mozilla.  Mozilla has also caused the same kinda
> > problem with ext2 and ext3. My best guess is that it's a messed up
> > file that Mozilla was trying to write as it ran wild and I had to
> > kill it cause that's when this mess appears.  It also happens with
> > Galleon, btw.
> >
> > I've also had to go the route James has which is why my day to day
> > browser is Konq now.
> >
> > ttfn
> >
> > John
>
> Have yoiu reported this to the Mozilla developers?
>
> Anne

You know I should because it appears to be some old leftover code from
Netscape days that's doing this.  The same problem rose it's ugly head with
NS 4.2 and earlier.  Something goes absolutely haywire (not Mac) with the
code when it runs amok and it seems to start depositing things all over the
place.  The problem was much more pronounced in Winblows (of course :) ) than
in Linux.

Next time it crashes and leaves one of these puppies around I'll send it off
to the developers.

ttfn

John

["message.footer" (text/plain)]