List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    Re: [expert] Storing snippets of info
From:       "L.V.Gandhi" <lvgandhi () sancharnet ! in>
Date:       2003-09-30 1:35:59

On Monday 29 Sep 2003 5:15 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I like to collect snippets from the lists into a file, in the hope
> that I can find them when I need them <g>  For some time now I have
> been putting them into TreePad, which is supposed to be a sort of
> free-form database.  You can create parent/child categories, which
> feels satisfactory. However, it is very slow if your database grows
> much, and the search facilities are not good.  So...
>
> One option is to go back to my old way of keeping the info in kword
> files, which at least are well searchable, but it's going to be a
> long slog.  Before I start over, can anyone suggest a better method?
> It doesn't warrant a full database, IMO.

I use local site with apache. I use the tips from this list and other lists to
make up my site and periodically update my site at tripod. I use quanta to
make them.

--
L.V.Gandhi
203, Soundaryalahari Apartments, Lawsons Bay colony, Visakhapatnam, 530017

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com