List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    [expert] nVidia GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x in asus 9180se
From:       "L.V.Gandhi" <lvgandhi () sancharnet ! in>
Date:       2003-09-30 0:35:29

I have ASUS 9180SE AGP 8x video card 64MB ram (nVidia Corporation NV18
[GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x] rev 162). I have edited /etc/XF86Config-4 for driver
as nvidia instead of nv. I get X OK with driver from nvidia site.

But I have following lines in dmesg.
0: nvidia: loading NVIDIA Linux x86 nvidia.o Kernel Module  1.0-4496  Wed
Jul 16 19:03:09 PDT 2003
Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 203M
agpgart: unsupported bridge
agpgart: no supported devices found.
0: NVRM: AGPGART: unable to retrieve symbol table

I have only following warning lines in /var/log/XFree86.0.log
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Failure reading EDID parameters for display device CRT-0

I have problem in playing xine. It shows only some white screen in mdk 9.1.
Does the above indicate some where
something is wrong?
--
L.V.Gandhi
203, Soundaryalahari Apartments, Lawsons Bay colony, Visakhapatnam, 530017

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com