List:       mandrake-expert
Subject:    Re: [expert] Installing apps using gcc-2.96 with 9.0
From:       Andy Weller <aweller () glam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-10-04 13:29:54

This is driving me crazy - I just can't see what the problem is here. I
have set gcc-2.96 as the standard with 'update-alternatives --config
gcc', but this application still doesn't want to install correctly.
Looking at the shell blurb (below) it looks like there is a problem with
tar. It is annoying because this install script worked fine for 7.2,
8.0, 8.1 & 8.2!

Any ideas/clues/help would be greatly appreciated!

Andy

Shell Blurb:

-----

[root@b55-aw cdrom]# ./install-unix

HALCON 6.0 for UNIX installation.
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 MVTec Software GmbH.
All rights reserved.

It looks as though you are running Linux 2.4.
Warning: You will need g++ version 2.95 for using the HALCON/C++
interface!

Which directory would you like to install HALCON in [/usr/local/halcon]
/opt/halcon
/opt/halcon does not exist.  Would you like it to be created (Y/n)? Y

Installing the HALCON binaries and support files into /opt/halcon
tar: ./lib/i586-linux2.2: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./flexlm/i586-linux2.2: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./help: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./include: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./license/license.dat: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./examples/hdevelop: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: No match.
tar: ./examples/c/makefile: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./examples/c/make.i586-linux2.2: Cannot stat: No such file or
directory
tar: No match.
tar: ./examples/cpp/makefile: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./examples/cpp/make.i586-linux2.2: Cannot stat: No such file or
directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/bin/i586-linux2.2: Cannot
stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/lib/i586-linux2.2: Cannot
stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/obj/i586-linux2.2: Cannot
stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/source: Cannot stat: No
such file or directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/examples: Cannot stat: No
such file or directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/def: Cannot stat: No such
file or directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/doc: Cannot stat: No such
file or directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/help: Cannot stat: No such
file or directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/include: Cannot stat: No
such file or directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/makefile: Cannot stat: No
such file or directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/makefile_testprog: Cannot
stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/make.i586-linux2.2: Cannot
stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./examples/extension_package/halconuser/readme: Cannot stat: No
such file or directory
tar: ./examples/fg_integration: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./examples/motif: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./calib: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./filter: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./lut: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./ocr: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./release_notes.html: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./readme.html: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./doc/html/icons: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./doc/macros: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

The HTML help files must be installed if the help functionality of
HDevelop is to work.  It is highly recommended that these files are
installed.
Would you like to install the HTML help files (Y/n)? Y
tar: ./doc/html/manuals: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./doc/html/reference/hdevelop: Cannot stat: No such file or
directory
tar: ./doc/html/reference/cpp: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./doc/html/reference/c: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

The PDF documentation files may be installed if a high-quality version
identical to the printed manuals is desired online for reading with
the Adobe Acrobat reader.
Would you like to install the PDF documentation files (y/N)? y
tar: ./doc/pdf: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

Optionally, you can install parts of the documentation in German.
At the moment, only the reference manuals are available, either as
HTML or PDF.  No user's manuals and no detailed documentation for
individual framegrabbers are available.
Would you like to install any part of the German documentation (y/N)? N

The HALCON example images may be installed if the demo programs are
to be run.  However, they can be read in from the HALCON CD if the
environment variable HALCONIMAGES is set to $CDROM/images, where
$CDROM is the directory where the HALCON CD is mounted.
Would you like to install the example images (Y/n)? Y
foreach: No match.
[root@b55-aw cdrom]#

-----

> $ rpm -qa | grep gcc
> gcc-cpp-3.2-1mdk
> gcc-3.2-1mdk
> gcc-c++-3.2-1mdk
> libgcc1-3.2-1mdk
>
> I would see that the same versions of gcc-cpp and gcc-c++ are also
> installed then, as root, do:
>
> # update-alternatives --config gcc
>
> This script allows you to switch between different versions of gcc or
> other programs linked in /etc/alternatives.
>
> IIANM
> Rolf

["message.footer" (text/plain)]

Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com