List:       mandrake-cooker-ppc
Subject:    Re: unsubscribing
From:       BX <Bitch_Trix () mac ! com>
Date:       2001-07-23 11:17:43

--

Q35. - I bought a couple of little doe fawns with a yellowish white
matter in their eyes and tear duct. I gave them both a antibiotic, but

A. - If the ocular discharge is not acompanied by changes to the
eyeball itself (cloudiness, ulceration), and the fawns are otherwise
quite well, then it is probably a simple conjunctivitis you are
dealing with. This tends to be most prevalent when the animals are run
under hot, dusty conditions, and/or when flies are bad. Most cases
recover without treatment, but some may require use of ocular
antibiotic ointment.

However, the handling required for this type of treatment usually
makes it impractical, except in pet fawns.

--

Hope this helps, Dave...

--
BX