List:       mandrake-cooker-ppc
Subject:    Re: 10.1 final: G5 installation report
From:       <danny () mailmij ! org>
Date:       2005-01-28 14:49:59

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Cooker wrote:

> > If people stop to use mdk-ppc, it will not get better :P
>
> Yes it's true.
>
> > Seriously, ppc is not done by mandrake anymore, but a community
> > project.
> > That means that we need more people who are willing to work on the ppc
> > port.
>
> I know this, but Ubuntu is a community project too and press the C key
> does the boot on the CD....
> In fact if the features of base don't work, this doesn't motive a lot
> of people.
well, for me, pressing C works. So i cannot debug this. The only people
that can fix such a problem are those that experience the problem.
I think we knew this happened just before release, but nobody could figure
out why. My guess is the firmware somehow doesn't recognize the disk as
bootable (which is obviously wrong since it is bootable), but i've no idea
why not.

> Mandrake is a distibution I like very much, because this is my first.
> I'll try to help Mandrake PPC in the future, but I'm not a big help ;-)

Why not? Even if you can only test or help thinking it's worthwhile.

d.