List:       mandrake-cooker-ppc
Subject:    7200 install 8.2
From:       "Michael Marcucio" <michaelmarcucio () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-03-07 4:47:42

hello all,
8.2 has been working beautifully on my powerbook for some time now (thanks
to this list) and i have a 7200 that i'm trying to install 8.2 on. i try to
initate a text install, I get all the way to "install filesystem" and i
crash:
ops: kernal access of bad area, sig: 11
I didn't do anything to the filesystem before i tried to install, right now
macos 9 is installed on the entire drive. I was under the impression that
during the install i could chouse to install linux on the entire drive but i
get the the part right before it gives me the option before i crash. Do I
need to repartition before i install? is this why i'm crashing? i'm d/ling
the 9.1 betas now but can anyone help with the 8.2 install?
thanks,
mike