List:       mandrake-cooker-ppc
Subject:    Re: 8.2 Install borked
From:       Ben Reser <ben () reser ! org>
Date:       2002-11-27 8:03:15

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 11:41:59PM -0800, Michael Dewey wrote:
> Hi All:  I have a new ice ibook 600Mhz 256 megs with a dvd drive. I have tried 2 \
> times to install Mandrake 8.2 PPC and after it does a text install it does seem to \
> work at booting up to yboot and then linux starts up to a blank screen. Now for a \
> monitor I selected ibook2 1024x768 and then in xfree I selected 16bit color and got \
> a blank screen on reboot. So, I did install all over and selected 24bit color and \
> still getting a blank screen on reboot? Yboot lets me boot into Mac OSX. I have a \
> 40G HD partitioned 12G = OSX; 12G = OS9; and 12G = mdk 8.2

This isn't terribly surprising.  The video card you have may not be
supported by the XServer in 8.2.  What X Server did you select (Xpmac or
XFree86)?  Do you get a login prompt when you enter:
linux 3
at the yaboot prompt?

--
Ben Reser <ben@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"If you're not making any mistakes, you're flat out not trying hard
enough." - Jim Nichols