List:       mandrake-cooker-ppc
Subject:    Thank you for keyboard info
From:       Barry Hertzberg <Barry () OLPhotography ! com>
Date:       2002-11-26 15:04:59

I just want to take a moment to thank the folks that wrote back about
the keyboard issue on the MAC. I really thought that it was me and
when no one responded right away I thought that maybe I was annoying
or an idiot or something.

Although I don't understand Stew work around - I'm able to take the
iMAC to a local LUG where a buddy of mine who is more familiar with
life at the command line - and he will help me.

My belief is that once the install of packages gets a little better
Linux will become more than a geek toy and will become more user
friendly. I don't expect it to be a polished product like OSX , nor
do I want it to be. Friends of mine asked me why I'd want to have
Mandrake over OSX and off hand all I could think of is that i want to
learn more and see how it works. But also, it does not have the major
price tag and i can build office machines and a web server on a
shoestring budget.

I can't wait to try to reinstall Mandrake this evening. This time I
may even get it to work. The trusty notes are in my hand. Now it's
just a matter of getting someone to tell me what I'm doing step by
step.

Keep working on that next distro Stew. If you can smooth out the
keyboard and the bootstap issue this should be okay.

Thanks again for the help. Time to wipe YDL off this drive and try,
try, try, again!

--
Barry M. Hertzberg, TTL

Wm. Loesche School