List:       mandrake-cooker-ppc
Subject:    Re: weird kde3 problem -- won't launch anything
From:       "Michael Marcucio" <michaelmarcucio () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-07-17 21:24:43

hi isacc,
i ran did the same thing as you: installed cooker and killed my system. as
it turns out, cooker is compiled with gcc 3(.1?) where contribs and 8.2 is
compiled with gcc 2.95. (binaries compiled with these are not compadable).
the only way i solved it was a reinstall. (i know this dosen't help you
much). the only sugeston i have is maybe you can do a network install? also,
you might want to try to open kmail from gnome or  maybe reinstall just kde
with the old binaries....
just some suggestions, hope this helps
mike