List:       mandrake-cooker-ppc
Subject:    Re: new install
From:       "Michael Marcucio" <michaelmarcucio () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-06-09 20:22:35

my powerbook was bought in january. i have been using mandrake since then
and the only thing that dosen't work correctly is sleep and i am confident
that this will be fixed in time.

the only things you should worry about is video. the new resilution on the
screen is 1280x854 which might cause problems with the default install
(there is option for it yet) but might be as easy to fix as changing one
line in your X config file.

i think the 2 powerbooks have the same ethernet, airport, and soundcard. all
three of these things work fine for me so they should for you. again, video
is my only concern.

good luck and let us know if you take the plunge and if there are any
problems.
mike