List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    [Cooker] dead network after kernel upgrade.
From:       Vincent Meyer <meyerv () winflex ! com>
Date:       2001-07-31 22:19:39

Hello,

	Upgraded to Kernel 2.4.7-1 this afternoon, and now I have no
network again.  I already have the patch to "ifup" applied that takes
out the call to check_link_down.  Even when this worked, it wasn't
too good - the computer would freeze up on shutdown, risking a
corrupted file system.

	SO....

	How do I get my network back?  Has anyone else seen this?
My network card is a linksys PCMCIA card.  Does this make any
difference?

	Machine has 2.2 kernel as well, and no network there
either :-(

	V.