List:       mandrake-cooker
Subject:    Re: [Cooker] NFS install fails
From:       "R.I.P. Deaddog" <maddog () linuxhall ! org>
Date:       2001-07-31 17:46:16

On 31 Jul 2001, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> > 1- isa-pnp in the krenel (but it give some problems when isa-pnp was
> >    compiled in-kernel, jeff do you remind was what they?
> > 2- do a insmod isa-pnp before _anything_ in stage1.
> > 3- fix all the kernel isa drivers and remove their isa-pnp support
> >    (not an option IMHO).
>
> But, I don't get it:
>
> - 3c509 is not dependant on isa-pnp
> - when isa-pnp is insmod'ed, it messes with 3c509
>
> Why so?

Hmmm, I have been bursting into cursing mode because of this issue too.
Actually, kernel isa-pnp module will *OVERRIDE* isapnptools setting, and
used some certain decided setting. If that setting don't fit the real
jumper setting of card, then there's no easy way to fix it -- either
change jumper and all other conflicting cards to suit the kernel setting,
or go through some undocumented (or barely documented) setting under
/proc.

Abel